Assistant Merchandiser - Fashion/ Beauty
Up to £19k
Our client, a leading supplier of fashion, homeware and cosmetics based in Bradford, is looking to appoint an Assistant Merchandiser to join their friendly head office team. Supplying into UK and European retailers such as Next, Sainsbury's, B&M and Argos, this family owned business has gained a reputation for their innovation and excellence in design, setting them apart from other UK suppliers. You will be working closely with the factories, off-shore offices and customers to ensure every order is fulfilled and signed-off and be responsible for supporting the end to end lifecycle of products, working with the merchandise team and suppliers to achieve critical path deadlines. You will be a driven and enthusiastic individual, not afraid of hard work and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The head office is modern and design-led with excellent facilities and this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual with a good understanding of the critical path and a passion for merchandising to join an award-winning business. Due to the location of this position, the ideal candidate will live locally or drive.
- Support range planning by analysing sales information to identify sales performance
- Ordering products; placing details on SAP as per customer order & sharing with supplier & customer.
- Provide samples as required for customer approval, and confirm delivery & stock availability dates to customers, updating the critical path.
- Maintain profitable, professional and positive relationships with customers.
- Support the management of stock levels, & update price lists and stock reports
- Develop action plans with the Merchandiser to ensure production, supply and stock issues are resolved promptly
- Work with suppliers to achieve the critical path deadlines agreed.
- Send all lab dips, strike-offs, trims & packaging for customer approval and liaise with factories to chase up outstanding samples
- Support the Merchandiser to ensure orders fulfil the required standards in terms of Quantities & MOQs, packing and shipping.
- Responsible for all aspects of administration, including providing administration assistance to the Senior Merchandiser, Merchandise Manager and Head of Merchandising and maintaining a comprehensive library of appropriate data
Key Performance Indicators
- Consistently meets critical path deadlines
- On time delivery of all products, avoiding air freight costs
- Positive working relationships with factories through effective communication
- Positive feedback from customers and colleagues
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role, or a strong administration background with proven excel skills, a methodical approach and attention to detail
- Knowledge & experience of the critical path and related tools desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative, respond quickly to change and cope well under pressure
- Able to prioritise own workload
Our client is an award-winning supplier of clothing, homeware and cosmetics
Up to £19k depending on skills & experience
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com