Buyer - Immediate start!
Swansea, South Wales
£24,000 - £26,000 pa - 6 month contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading business based in the Swansea area as a Buyer in their Procurement team.
In this Buyer role you will be responsible for managing a range of suppliers, responsible for capital purchases and commercially accountable to maintain relationships. You must be positive, proactive and take a hands on approach to the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing multiple sourcing projects at any given time
- Drafting and negotiating supply contracts
- Managing supplier performance
- Delivering savings and supply chain efficiencies
- Identifying new suppliers to maximise quality and minimise costs
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Working towards CIPS or CIPS qualified
- Previous experience as a Buyer within engineering or manufacturing
- Strong negotiation skills with commercial acumen
- Competency in planning, conflict management, negotiation and team work
- Contract and legal knowledge
- Resilience and the ability to welcome change
Leading business in the Swansea area
£24,000 - £26,000 pa - equivalent to a 6 month contract
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board, such as Junior Buyer to Procurement Director level. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.