Buyer - Engineering
£26,000 - £32,000 + Excellent Benefits
Exciting new opportunity to join this multinational engineering/ manufacturing organisation at their UK headquarters in the West Midlands.
- Undertake a portfolio of Sub-contract spends; develop a category strategy to increase understanding of cost drivers, challenging suppliers to identify continuous supply chain improvement.
- Construct negotiate and maintain contract agreements for major sub-contractors
- Support major projects including indirect and direct spends, working within a team environment to meet strict deadlines
- Support local operational purchasing needs for all manufacturing sites within the UK.
- Monitoring plans and KPIs to achieve departmental targets.
- Provide accurate timely, budgetary information, reporting cost movement variation
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years' experience working within an engineering/fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Experience of purchasing indirect services & direct materials, preferably Sub-contractors
- Understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of best practice purchasing techniques.
- Extensive experience and in depth knowledge of ISO 9001 2000 QA system.
- Able to conduct precise and detailed communications both in oral and written format.
- Be computer literate with a minimum basic Word and intermediate Spreadsheet capability.
- Self-motivated & possessing good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with peers both within the UK and Group.
- Ideally CIPS qualified.
Leading multinational manufacturing organisation based in Birmingham
£26,0000 - £32,000 + Excellent Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com