£45,000 - £50,000 + Car
My Client is a leading retail chain who are now looking to recruit a Grocery Buyer to manage the procurement for a variety of sub categories for the estate. This is a stand-alone role with full accountability, categories which will fall under the Grocery Buyers remit are, but not limited to, fresh produce, frozen, chilled and ambient product.
This role will require working closely with suppliers and distributors, and the internal team to ensure the highest product quality and service levels. Not for the faint hearted as this is a leading business with a vibrant and fun culture! With scope for progression as my client continues to grow.
- Representing the needs of the business in relationships with suppliers of core food lines
- Providing value added solutions, and driving efficiencies throughout the supply chain that are focused on providing a world class service for the end users
- Driving long term business benefits through cost reduction, process efficiencies and adding value by building long term strategic and constructive relationships with key suppliers
- Ensuring products meet required quality and sustainability criteria
- Creation and implementation of promotional strategies and calendars to deliver against category KPI's and business objectives.
Skills and Experiences
- Seasoned category manager from a Grocery and Retail Background
- Detailed knowledge of food categories - fresh, frozen and Chilled
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of adding value through methods other than simple cost reduction.
- Strong commercial acumen, customer focused, analytical, highly numerate and IT literate.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Effective communicator, able to build relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to influence, engage & coach others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Drive for continuous improvement, embracing change.
- Change Management: Be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the business.
- Attention to Detail: Comfortable with close attention to detail, ensuring a high quality of work when managing supplier specifications, product listings, forecasting and pricing.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com