Category Specialist - 12 month contract
£35,000 - £40,000
Cast UK is looking to identify a talented Category Specialist on behalf of our Birmingham based client.
This business has a forward thinking, category-led Procurement team which understands the added value a strategic approach to Purchasing can deliver to the wider organisation.
This is a 12 month contract initially but for the right candidate could potentially lead to further opportunity within the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage sourcing requirements on a global basis for defined category groups
- Deliver savings and value added through strategic procurement activity
- Assist the Category Manager with the development of appropriate category strategy
- Manage tenders and negotiations, in line with EU Procurement Directives where necessary
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a strategic purchasing role, such as category management
- Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Experience in managing long term and strategic supplier relationships
- Knowledge of public sector policies (EU Procurement Directive, OJEU)
Candidates with MCIPS or part CIPS qualification are preferred.
Successful international business in the Birmingham area
£35,000 - £40,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.