Category Supply Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits
A nationally recognised retailer is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Category Supply Manager to join their team based in Somerset. This is a key role within their Supply Chain team, and the successful candidate will be critical in planning and managing the stock availability into the Distribution Centres and Stores. You will successfully manage a team of Supply Chain Planners in balancing the need to meet the 100% available stock promise whilst minimising the stock investment.
- Managing the inbound scheduling of products into the DCs, ensuring that the right stock is in the right place at the right time and proactively highlighting and resolving areas of concern.
- Proposing and implementing corrective actions to improve stock availability, turn and supply chain efficiencies.
- Forecasting the stock requirements, using historical sales data and other business intelligence.
- Managing key supplier relationships - influencing and collaborating with the external suppliers to ensure they deliver against KPI.
- Managing key internal relationships with buying, marketing, and operations to ensure overall commercial objectives are met
- Ability to communicate and influence with all levels in the business.
- Leading a team of supply chain planners, providing clear objectives and management of performance.
- Developing your team members to fulfil their individual capability and potential and to support their individual personal and career development.
Skills and Experiences
- Degree educated or equivalent qualifications
- Prior experience within a supply chain management role, responsible for the end-to-end management of supply chain processes, is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and an ability to communicate well at all levels within an organisation
- Strong IT skills - Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Prior experience within a retail supply chain environment would be an advantage.
- Proven experience and successful track record in preventive and corrective problem solving of supply chain issues is essential.
- Prior experience in managing a team - including setting clear expectations, monitoring and reviewing progress and supporting performance, is required.
- Proven track record in developing team capability to meet commercial and individual needs is essential.
Our client is a leading Retail business.
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com