£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Based in the Coventry, our client is a major 3PL company working on behalf of one of the UK's largest FMCG manufacturer. We are looking to recruit an experienced Contract Manager to take responsibility of the Transport Department. Reporting directly to the General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day leadership of a team of drivers and compliance, agency workers on shift, planning resources to ensure activities are achieved and management of the Transport department.
- Working with the transport management team to ensure the control and monitoring of driver and legal compliance.
- Ensure the effective planning and utilisation of a fleet of circa 50 vehicles.
- Maintain systems and procedures to ensure compliance.
- To ensure Transport (Drivers) is compliant with all aspects of health and safety legislation (working closely with the compliance officer)
- Overlook the planning to maximise vehicle utilisation
- Manage the drivers to ensure all customer requirements and Legal requirements are achieved
- Control goods out area/loading and all are recorded
- Ensure legal compliance for VOSA and Tachograph legislation & Operators Licence
- Produce KPI`S to companies requirements
- Working collaboratively to identify interventions that can drive improvements through the operation
Skills & Experience
You will be an experienced Contract / Transport Manager, Ideally from a 3pl or General Haulage background; possessing a CPC. You must have vast experience with the management of strict policy processes and excellent man-management skills.
My client is a National leading 3pl / General haulage company who strongly believe in looking after its staff, evidenced in that it invests heavily in staff training and that the majority of the management team have been promoted internally from more junior positions. When my client recruits they want individuals who want to progress within the business.
This vacancy is currently live and if you would like to be considered, please apply now and your CV is forwarded directly to me at Cast UK.
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com