As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Their iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
Today, FMIC brands include Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Charvel® and EVH® among others. With an illustrious history dating back to 1946, Fender has touched and transformed music worldwide. It is the Fender® vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and their mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF FENDER'S FUTURE LEGACY?
Fender has a rare and exciting opportunity for a Demand Planner to join their Head Office team based in West Sussex.
To be successful in this role you will need to be one of the best in the business. You should also be a team player, highly organised, have bags of initiative, and possess enviable communication skills. You need to prove that you have a truly exceptional desire to help deliver their strategy that will leave the rest standing. After all, you'd expect nothing less from a globally iconic brand!
Key Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for providing and maintaining demand forecasts for finished goods and after sales products, ensuring supply is maintained in line with customer demand in accordance with budgeted inventory policies, and building and maintaining service levels within Supply Chain through relationships with suppliers, customers and 3rd party warehouses.
- Balancing demand with supply while keeping within strict supply targets, using relevant demand planning tools
- Working with Product Management, Sales and Marketing to review and agree demand forecasts, complementing system generated forecasts
- Generate and submit planned purchase requirements where appropriate, in line with agreed schedules
- Work closely with Fender Global Planning teams and external suppliers to improve lead times, inventory holding and customer serviceability
- Manage supply issues and develop alternative plans where delivery schedules cannot be improved
- KPI reporting and control analysis on measures such as (but not limited to) Inventory, Supplier Performance, Forecast Accuracy, Fill Rate, Slow Moving and Excess Inventory
Skills & Experience
- Graduate calibre with relevant Demand Planning experience
- IT systems - experienced in use of SAP or other ERP system
- Strong PC skills with experience of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communicator
- Resilient and able to work on own initiative
- Commercially aware
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
Please do not send CV's sent directly to Fender. Any CV's that are sent to Fender will be forwarded to Cast UK who have been exclusively retained to manage the recruitment process.