Our client, a leading FMCG business, is looking for an Allocation Analyst to join their team based in the Twickenham area. The ideal candidate will have strong Excel skills along with experience in supply/demand planning, forecasting and working with databases.
Optimising allocation quantities in order to reduce wastage and minimise stock outs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process a database within excel on a daily basis using the latest information to assign food allocations to all distribution channels.
- Make adjustments to the allocations where required to incorporate updates to the daily schedule.
- Liaise with relevant departments to update them of any forecast anomalies or potential stock out issues
- Produce weekly and monthly reports in order to monitor wastage and to highlight sales opportunities.
- Ensure adjustments are made to allocation quantities in order to reduce sell outs, reduce waste or increase sales opportunities.
- Carry out seasonal and event analysis and apply historical learnings to future events
- Manage product lifecycle, patterning new items against historical data and ensuring minimal wastage at end of lifecycle
- Work in partnership with IT and project teams to enhance systems and process
- Set up and monitor new Bases where applicable
- Communicate and escalate risks/issues to the Service Delivery Manager
- Analytical with exacting attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Focused
- Can do attitude
- Able to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Retail Merchandising or FMCG background beneficial
Degree level preferred
Will consider candidates with A+ or A* qualifications in maths with additional work experience
1-2 year experience in operational role