Head of Design - Homewares
Up to £55k negotiable depending on skills & experience + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a leading supplier of home textiles to the retail market, is looking to appoint an established and driven Head of Design to join their head office team based in Rochdale. The business offers a wide range of products including curtains, roller and roman blinds, kitchen co-ordinates, beanbags, cushions, bedding and towels. Supplying to some of the largest high street homeware retailers, the business has achieved "Supplier of the Year" status on a number of occasions, working closely with retailers to develop new products and improved service. You will have a strong background in design, a keen eye for detail and an enthusiastic, hardworking and energetic approach to work. You must have experience of readymades, bedding and cushions as this is a pivotal part of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and experienced designer to join an award winning home textiles business.
- Full budgetary control of department spend.
- Strategically develop and lead the design team in the creation of exciting, innovative and exceptional products to enhance the already successful company product range.
- To confidently manage the design team and demonstrate excellent leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Maximise productivity of the department by ensuring the team are motivated, supported and receive regular and honest feedback.
- To instigate and maintain regular, accurate and effective communication with all other departments in the business.
- To build and nurture relationships with existing clients and suppliers at the appropriate level.
- To have an overview of all projects in the company requiring design input, with regular production of schedules, ensuring that all projects are fully resourced; to ensure that all deadlines are met and projects are prioritised sensibly and effectively.
- Regularly attend exhibitions (UK and overseas), shows and trend presentations, identifying key trends and design opportunities to develop further in-house.
- Conduct regular reviews of the company's competitors to identify further design opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Design related degree with a 2:1 classification or above.
- Strong background in a design, either in a manufacturing, retail or wholesale environment.
- Extensive experience/ knowledge around readymades, bedding and cushions
- Have a good eye for trends with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Engaging, charismatic, supportive and approachable with the ability to motivate others.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills.
- Confident communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Naturally enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to deliver solutions to tight deadlines.
- Able to travel around the UK and abroad throughout the year.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility towards a demanding and varied workload.
Up to £55k negotiable depending on skills & experience + Car / Car Allowance, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension + other benefits
Excellent career progression within an ever expanding and growing business
Our client is a market leading supplier of home textiles
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com