Head of International Logistics and Warehousing
£70,000 to £80,000 depending on skills and experience
Cast UK are currently recruiting for a dynamic Head of International Logistics and Warehousing, to take responsibility for the International and UK Logistics for a well-known fashion retailer. This is a complex operation, predominantly warehouse based, with the use of third party carriers. It will involve responsibility for the management of the worldwide distribution contracts and relationships, liaising with other departments, and strong people management.
- Managing the UK Distribution Centre
- Ensuring site adherence to company policy and applicable legislation with regard to all aspects of the operation including health and safety
- Promoting a positive work culture amongst the staff
- Supporting and leading company projects and initiatives as required
- Recruitment, retention and development of the team
- Providing the business with full, global visibility of the stock, communicating and managing any delays
- Building strong but competitive relationships with the 3PLs, particularly around forecasting, visibility and shipment handling; making sure rates are competitive and high service levels are received
- Carrying out Freight tenders for the global providers
- Liaising directly with the rest of the business, including Finance, Quality Control and Production, liaising with all levels
- Reducing Air Freight and maximising freight consolidation and container fill
- Ensuring full HMRC compliance, managing day to day accuracy, and handling any queries or audits
- Manage operations in line with budget and overall business expectations
- Drive improvement initiatives
Skills & Experience
Ideally you will be a 'hands on' manager with significant experience in managing complex pick, pack warehouse operations. You must be financially aware with previous experience managing costs and budgets with an own account business, with a solid understanding of the relationship between operations and finance. You will be a strong leader with a proven record of successfully managing and developing a positive culture whilst ensuring optimum performance.
Some of the skills and experiences include:
- International Supply Chain experience in EMEA, APAC and the USA
- Experience of a pick and pack operation in a UK operation
- Logistics and stock management
- Project management skills
- Development of policies and processes
- Multi-site operations with multiple customers
- Change Management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Experience negotiation skills, with good communication and commercial awareness
Our client is a fashion retailer, looking for someone with a strong retail background, proven Supply Chain and Logistics Management experience, who is very 'hands-on'.
£70,000 to £80,000 plus benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
We always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you've not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.