Head of Supply Chain
£55k - £65k + benefits
Our client, who are a growing FMCG/Chemical business, is looking for a Head of Supply chain to join their team based in Hertfordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate supply chain professional who has a holistic end to end supply chain skill set and 'thinks outside of the box'. This role will be responsible for managing the full supply chain fulfillment from Procurement, Planning, Warehouse and Logistics. This will involve reviewing business performance regularly and presenting proposals for improvement. Team Development, Process Improvement, Service Improvement and Cost Reduction are key elements of this role.
- Lead the supply chain team to supply products to target cost, quality and service to the customer across a global network
- Develop a supply chain strategy for the business to support the business strategy and growth plans
- Ensure new products are developed with supply partners and delivered to market on quality, cost and time
- Develop and manage the retailer services function to ensure a high level of customer service
- Direct management of supplier relations, lead contract negotiations and manage a third party logistics network to effectively and accurately manage inventory
- Product life-cycle management to ensure new and existing products can be optimally integrated into the supply chain
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to ensure adequate inventory required to maximise sales potential, while minimising stock levels
- Regular demand planning, operational and forecasting analysis
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated
- Supply Chain management experience within a fast paced Retail/FMCG environment
- Previous experience having worked with multiple customers and able to multi-task
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Strong contract negotiation skill set
- Can demonstrate previous successes in setting up and developing functions/ processes etc
- Highly effective organisational and communication skills
- Commercial understanding and drive to deliver within an evolving environment
- Project management skills
- Collaborative but assertive and robust
- Proven skills in problem solving - able to anticipate and highlight issues, and take decisive corrective action, working within established procedures.
- Proven range of communication skills - able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both orally and in writing and influence & drive decisions at all levels
- A self-starter and able to work on initiative
- Excellent at building and maintaining strong relationships - A dynamic approach to relationship building and experience of managing relationships with key international partners.
- Intermediate/Advanced Skills and Knowledge of MS Excel, with strong analytical capabilities
Our client is a niche cosmetics business based in Hertforshire.
£55k - £65k + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com