Head of UK Supply Chain Development
£70,000 to £80,000 depending on skills and experience
As the Head of UK Supply Chain Development, you will be responsible for the end to end Supply Chain for our client, a well-known retailer.
You will lead the agenda on extracting value, delivering continuous improvement, and improving service levels across the business.
Reporting to the Supply Chain and Logistics Director, you will be influential in gaining the support of the Senior Leadership team, enabling the UK Supply Chain team to support the overall business strategy.
- Full understanding, with support and delivery, of end to end Supply Chain objectives
- Set the direction of how the full Supply Chain will evolve, putting in place a programme of measurable continuous improvement initiatives
- To create, maintain and communicate the Supply Chain strategy in order to meet the ongoing needs of the business
- To lead the continuous improvement activity and ensure effective project delivery
- To evaluate the processes from supplier to store, driving through opportunities to improve
- Ensure clear planning, execution and communication to make sure that medium and long term Supply Chain projects are delivered and integrated smoothly into the day and day operation
- To co-ordinate across the Supply Chain and Logistics departments the key interdependencies on the initiatives and projects being worked upon
- To identify cost improvement opportunities across all Supply Chain functions and implement them through budgeting and reforecasting
- To develop an effective cross network and play a key role in wider business projects outside of the supply chain
Skills & Experience
- Strong presentation and analytical skills
- Tenacious and challenging
- Ability to maintain an objective approach when faced with competing priorities
- Understanding of how changes in one business area impact other areas
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Ability to motivate, influence and manage others to deliver change
- Ability to understand and maximise the benefits of supply chain systems
Our client is a well-known retailer, looking for someone with a strong retail background, proven Supply Chain Management experience, personality who is very 'hands-on'.
£70,000 to £80,000 plus benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com