Interim Buyer - Logistics Services - 3-6 Months
Our client has a complex outsourced distribution supply chain and is currently looking to rationalise the subcontracted transport and haulage supplier base. They are looking to engage with a buyer with previous experience of conducting tendering processes from outsourced logistics providers.
During the assignment you will work to optimise the use of outsourced 3PL logistics, haulage and distribution companies by facilitating tender processes and making informed decisions on the most viable suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and manage key strategic supplier relationships
- Undertake sourcing activities in accordance with defined category strategies
Skills and Experience
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the full sourcing lifecycle for logistics and distribution services
- Detailed knowledge of strategic sourcing and strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and client-facing skills
- Ideally degree educated and / or CIPS qualified or equivalent
Based in Manchester this company has a national coverage
An ideal role for:
Interim Buyer, Interim Purchasing Manager, Interim Commodity Manager, Interim Procurement Manager, Interim Category Manager, Interim Purchasing Specialist
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com