Interim Customer Logistics Manager
£300 - £350 per day
Our client, who is a leading FMCG business, is looking for a Interim Customer Logistics Manager to join their team based in London. You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Supply Chain in shaping the overall Customer Logistics Strategy and driving its delivery and objectives including working alongside 3PL partners and customers develop and drive Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives across the business to implement a category leading effective and efficient distribution model at best cost.
Alongside, proactively driving the supply chain agenda with the key external customers to deliver a mutual benefit to both parties. Building exceptional relationships both internally and externally is a key element of the role, with an emphasis on achieving preferred supplier status within key customers by building a strong reputation as a leader for supply chain excellence. This role will require travel to customers so must have a driving licence.
Key responsibilities/accountabilities for the role will include:
- Develop robust cost to serve model for current Distribution / Transport and Warehousing
- Effectively manage all 3PL suppliers
- Identify and remove non-value add cost from current chain
- Identify future efficiencies, create plan and implement to achieve distribution savings
- Identify, develop and implement business process improvements
- In conjunction with Commercial negotiate financial and process trade-offs with customers in order to deliver cost and service improvements
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships enabling the development and implementation of collaborative, commercially aligned 'win-win' improvement strategies
- Create and regularly report on distribution KPI (cost and performance)
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Cross functional knowledge of FMCG Supply Chain (3+ years) - preferably food
- Demonstrated ability in Customer Supply Chain/Logistics Management within FMCG Supply Chain Environment (3 years)
- Commercially driven with a proven track record of delivering proactive and reactive plans assessing cost and benefit
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data against key indicators, to monitor programs, projects and plans to set targets.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience working with 3pl providers
- Excellent Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet financial targets and experience of budget preparation
Our client is a leading FMCG business based in London.
£300 - £350 per day
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com