This role reports to the directors and sits at a senior level within this expanding food business. The position involves taking sole responsibility for the manufacturing and production operations. Your team will ensure that raw ingredients are receipted, processed, manufactured and packed to deliver a final product that consistently meets the high standards required by the company.
The role will also encompass future expansion and development plans of the manufacturing capabilities, you will need to manage and develop projects to build towards this, whilst managing the necessary financial spend for the department / project.
- Ensuring that production volumes meet demand at all times, scheduling and forecasting.
- Control costs and devise the budget for the department.
- Purchase all manufacturing and production equipment.
- Manage the manufacturing operations team including training, development and KPI management.
- Ensure that Quality Assurance checks are carried out on raw material.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in food processing, production and manufacturing. You should have held production or manufacturing manager level roles with at least 2 businesses.
- Senior management experience and skilled in managing people.
- Has previously managed new manufacturing and production projects.
- Experience within a small business that has experienced rapid growth.
- Engineering background may be an advantage for this role.
Personality Profile: Dynamic and hungry to prove yourself, able to cope with change and expansion, passion and enthusiasm for production and producing a top quality product, pride in your work. Being an engaging and motivating individual that in turn inspires others to achieve in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and committed to delivering high standards.
- An engaging and motivating people manager.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads to meet demand.
- Ability to manage change and motivate others.
Our client is a growing food manufacturer based in Colchester.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com