£24,000 - £28,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, who is a food FMCG business, is looking to appoint a Materials Scheduler to manage the supply of raw materials and packaging materials to meet the varying finished goods demand whilst maintaining adequate material inventory levels.
- Represent the Core Procurement team at the site level to ensure consistency and standardisation of best practice and to liaise across the supply streams to ensure the inbound strategy matches business needs.
- Maintain continuity of supplies of raw materials and packaging materials to meet the changing demands of the production unit.
- Overall control of the obsolescence ensuring timely escalation of any stock identified as at risk.
- Co-ordinate changes so as to control resulting stock wastage/losses due to changes in production plan or product repack/relaunch.
- To continuously assist in conjunction with the Planning Manager for driving the site Supply agenda and the Health and Safety culture on site.
- Liaise with Central Purchasing so as to review supplier performance to ensure suppliers meet KPI for customer service and quality levels.
- Play a key role in the Continuous Improvement projects that are executed on site
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience in FMCG Planning/purchasing/supplies fulfilment function.
- Experienced excel user
- MRP/ERP system literate with abilities in data set-up and maintenance.
- Demonstrable Experience of route cause analysis, KPI improvement.
- Continuous Improvement experience is desirable - six sigma/SMED/5S/Kaizan techniques
- Can work on own initiative and also as part of the team.
- Is able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Rational, logical detailed and uses a risk assessment approach to decision making.
- Is driven and actively challenges the status quo to drive continuous improvement
Our Client is an FMCG business based in Manchester.
£24,000 - £28,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com