£22k - £25k + benefits
A nationally recognised retailer is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Merchandise Planner to join their expanding team based in Devon. You will take responsibility for a range/category and use forecasting, sales figures, promotional and business need information to ensure the right levels of stock are maintained, balancing the need to meet the 100% available stock promise whilst minimising the stock investment.
- To work in conjunction with the Buying team, Space Planning and Logistics to ensure optimal stock coverage in all stores.
- To work with the Buyer in the creation of the seasonal plan and strategy for sales, stock, intake margin and markdown within agreed parameters to ensure departmental profitability targets are achieved.
- Forecasting inbound Far East stock requirement, calculate container loadings and manage End-2-End ordering process.
- To review forecasts to ensure sales, stock holding, margin and availability is optimised.
- Ensure on-time range launches through delivery of merchandising milestones within the critical path, ensuring any issues relating to the delivery of the review are resolved through liaising with the Logistics Analyst.
- Control the delivery channels into stores and DCs.
- Accountable for planning and prioritisation of stock flow into the business throughout the product life cycle, using all available merchandising and logistics tools to meet availability requirements and targets.
- Responsible for stock turn within the Company agreed parameters.
- Reports / KPIs
- Develop, analyse and maintain store groups
- Stock allocation / Stock Balancing
Skills and Experiences
- Degree educated or equivalent qualifications
- Prior experience within a supply chain role is essential, retail is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and an ability to communicate well at all levels within an organisation
- Strong IT skills - Excel and Access
- Excellent Communication Skills
Our client is a leading Retail business.
£22k - £25k + excellent benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com