Merchandiser - Supply Chain
£28k - £32k
Our client, a leading retail business based in Somerset, is looking for a driven, fast paced and quick thinking merchandiser to join their team. The Supply Chain Merchandiser is a key role within a fast growing area of the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing sales & stock holding to create a demand & intake plan to ensure stock availability across all channels to market whilst supporting other key company KPI's. Clothing merchandising/retail experience would be of great benefit to this role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Forecasting the physical requirement of stock based on the sales budget, catalogue launches and promotional timescales, whilst maintaining the budgeted open to buy position.
- Agree sales forecasts with the commercial team on new ranges and promotions and use analysis from previous promotions and launches to make valued judgements and recommendations on future activity.
- Formulates the phasing of inbound stock to meet all necessary deadlines and effectively communicating & managing these plans with the supply chain planner and vendors.
- Reacting to any production challenges and re-formulating plans where necessary.
- Management of working capital and category stock turn in line with the open to buy budget.
- Analysing sales on a daily basis on over performing sku's and ranges to ensure they reach their full potential whilst negating any stock risk to poor performing lines.
- Manage the forward view on forecasts to ensure they are accurate and in line with expectations.
- Manage the full life cycle of the product. Proactively manage the stock by working with the commercial team to formulate most profitable exit routes in a timely manner.
- Working effectively with the supply chain planner to ensure plans are delivered to the key supply chain KPI'S.
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated
- Experience of a merchandising role is essential, ideally in a FMCG or clothing environment.
- Experience in managing internal/external relationships - whether customers, suppliers or staff from other departments is essential.
- Proven skills in data analysis is an essential requirement - able to understand, interpret financial, sales & other commercial information and provide recommendations in a timely manner.
- Proven skills in problem solving - able to anticipate and highlight issues, and take decisive corrective action, working within established procedures.
- Prior supply chain, inventory, logistics or commercial experience would be an advantage.
- Proven range of communication skills - able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both orally and in writing and influence & drive decisions at all levels
Our client is a leading retailer based in Somerset.
£28k - £32k + benefits
Cast UK, a leading independent consultancy business, specialising in Management and Executive Procurement, Supply Chain, & Logistics recruitment, is advertising this vacancy. For more information on Cast UK, please visit our website at www.castuk.com