£50,000 - £55,000 + Car
Cast UK are recruiting an Operations Manager based in Buckinghamshire on behalf of one of our major clients who are an instantly recognisable name within their sector. Reporting directly to the General Manager you will play a pivotal part of ensuring that operational and financial targets are achieved and you will be confident in developing an effective operations management team around you. Alongside this implementing change throughout site generating enthusiasm and overcoming barriers to progress and improvement.
This role provides vital support for the General Manager in leading management to not just achieve operational plans but exceed them and contribute to our client's business objectives.
Skills and Experiences
Successful applicants will have a history in managing and developing teams of people and extensive experience in a supply chain logistics role. You must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively motivate and organise whilst maintaining a motivated, positive attitude. Underlining these skills the capability to progress to a more senior position in the future. Other skills required:
- Ensure operational targets are met across warehousing, logistics and production.
- Support the General Manager in their dealings with contractual results and costs in line with budgets
- Identify and Manage Training and development for staff ensuring Managers are aware of their responsibilities.
- Identify issues and problems and have the ability to resolve them in a structured way.
- Maintain a cool temperament whilst dealing with high pressure and competing agendas.
- Have strong IT literacy in particular spreadsheet work
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and standards
- Demonstrate commercial awareness to help make decisions for the team
- Work with all DC's to ensure best practice, grow relationships to ensure maximum efficiency
Our client is an instantly recognisable name with their sector.
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com