Operations Supervisor - Freight Forwarding
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client is a growing and expanding international freight forwarding business. They are looking to recruit a new person for their operation in Barking as the business look to expand in their operations in the coming months. They are an established freight forwarder that offer services in Sea, Air and Road through import, export, domestic and cross trade.
You will supervise the operations team and will also be hands on with freight movements door to door, handling your own jobs and accounts:
- Providing quotations to customers and booking the job in.
- Arranging collection at origin and delivery at destination.
- Working with shipping lines /airlines to book in consignments.
- Daily communication with clients to keep them updated via phone and email, tracking their consignments throughout.
- Attending to Customs processes CHIEF / NES.
- Speaking to the ports / airports to resolve any problems.
- Invoicing and processing shipping/customs documentation.
This a great opportunity for someone looking to supervisor their own freight operations team, prove themselves and subsequently grow with the business.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will come from a Freight Forwarding background where you have had exposure to handling consignments door to door.
In addition to that we are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in Sea, Air and Road
- Experienced in Import, Export and Domestic movements
- Confident on the phone.
- Has good communication skills and able to work with the team.
- At least 5 years of experience within forwarding / shipping.
- Customs knowledge, ideally able to process entries in CHIEF & NES.
Our client is a growing and expanding international freight forwarding business.
£30,000 - £35,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com