£35k - £42k + Benefits
Our client, who are a growing FMCG/Chemical business, is looking for a Packaging Buyer to join their team based in Hertfordshire. The Raw Material Buyer will take responsibility for managing the day-to-day tasks required to deliver the Purchasing Strategy of the organisation, encompassing day-to-day purchasing, 3rd party contract management, product master data management, and systemic improvement. You will be required to deliver excellence in the materials supply function ensuring the optimum cost, quality, service and reliability from our suppliers, whilst contributing to the finalisation of the production schedule in agreement with Production Planning.
- Develop sourcing strategy for all sectors of packaging defining the current suppliers, a desired future state and provide and implement the strategy to reduce cost, supplier numbers and lead time whist improving the overall service the business receive.
- Drive supplier reduction progress to less than 100 trade suppliers and 80% of spend with 20% suppliers by end of 2016.
- Jointly approve suppliers in conjunction with QA and the management team to ensure all suppliers are risk assessed
- Lead supplier review program for top 20 suppliers with support of Supply chain, Quality, Production and management. Only developing supplier that are clearly strategic partners to the business.
- Extract and reduce the total inventory value of goods by 5% YOY
- Deliver lead time reduction project with support of supply chain, through supplier improvement and better buying
- Support the costing process to ensure a balanced sign off between planning, buying and quality is achieved
- Improve the network of the buying team with similar SME's suppliers and trade bodies
Skills and Experience
- Degree educated
- 6 years plus procurement experience within Packaging for FMCG/Pharma businesses
- CIPs Level 2 Introductory Certificate, and/or strong desire to attain Level 4 Diploma is preferred but not essential
- The ability to forge and manage relationships with current and new suppliers
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Articulate and adaptable
- Self-drive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- Managing complexity
£35k - £42k + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com