Our client who is a leading trade retail business are looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Manager, working as an integral part of the Procurement Department you will be responsible, for maximising the return on investment of your product categories. This will involve analysing product and range performance, ensuring that appropriate stock is available, developing the product offer on the back of sound customer and market understanding and managing the interdepartmental influences and expectations throughout the business.
- Plan and develop category strategies in line with customer needs and market trends, in order to deliver sustainable revenue and ROI.
- Plan and execute timely category reviews in line with agreed strategies.
- Negotiate competitive cost prices and trading terms with suppliers in support of company financial targets.
- Successfully manage and develop relationships with suppliers in support of company objectives.
- Work closely, and effectively with marketing colleagues to ensure that the company catalogue accurately represents to customers the product range.
- Effectively use both customer and market insight to ensure product offer and pricing proposition is relevant to the needs of customer segments.
- Manage, coach and develop other members of the Procurement team (where appropriate) to enable them to add increasing value to the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate calibre or strong industry experience.
- A proven track record of successful growth within category management in a multi-channel B2B or B2C environment.
- Can demonstrate a track record of developing others.
- Highly numerate with an innate ability to interpret data quickly and act upon it.
- An experienced high level negotiator.
- Highly developed influencing skills, with experience of using both written and verbal presentation to influence outcomes.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong influencer.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in both tactical and strategic decision making
- Positive, pragmatic attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Leadership potential