Programme / Project Manager - Purchasing & Supply Chain
C £55,000 + Benefits + Relocation Package if required
Outstanding opportunity for Senior Project/Programme Manager with focus on supporting Purchasing activities across a number divisions of this multinational manufacturing operation. Programmes are specifically involved with new product launches at a time of multiple platform introductions and significant expansion globally.
Ideally coming from a matrix based international organisation, the ideal candidates will be comfortable coordinating both Purchasing and Engineering functions whilst managing engagement with the supplier base.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the new suppliers have met group quality standards. and action plans are in place with identified 'risk' suppliers based on PPM, previous warranty data and audit scores.
- Ensure cost targets are met for components on each NPI programme.
- Ensure focus on achieving the cost targets set for each project.
- Support purchasing in supplier negotiations
- Financial reporting for prototype purchasing.
- Ensure that supplier performance and development plans are managed effectively.
- Ensure early involvement of the supply base in NPI process.
- Lead and communicate group purchasing strategy across individual divisions
Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven negotiation knowledge
- Presentation ability
- Financial Awareness
Ideally the candidate should have the following:
- Educated to degree level (Business or Engineering preferable)
- 5 Years relevant experience
- Customer focussed background
- Flexibility to travel
Multinational manufacturing organisation with operations across the Midlands.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com