Our client is a science led business focused on delivering the expertise within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical and chemical; and consumer products sectors.
Our business is home to scientists with in-depth experience in their fields, who are enthusiastic about taking on challenges.
There is an opportunity to join the business on a permanent basis as a Purchasing Assistant. The role will be based in Chapel-en-le-Frith with occasional travel to other sites throughout the UK as required. The role will report in to the Group Purchasing Manager
This is an exciting role for somebody who has some Supply Chain or Purchasing experience and has recently graduated from University.
- Supporting the Group Purchasing Manager in administering and managing assigned categories of spend.
- Providing administrative support in all aspects of purchasing including negotiating, tenders and contracts.
- Liaise across the group to assist with any purchasing issues and requirements.
- Providing assistance to identify and implement financial saving opportunities across all categories of spend.
- Identify best price, quality and value within each financial category.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Highly competent with the use of Microsoft Office - including Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build working relationships across the group
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivation and a pro-active approach to work load.
- Previous experience as a Purchasing Assistant or Junior Buyer.
There is free on site parking available and the working hours are over Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm.