I am looking for a capable, well experienced procurement professional with a background within a manufacturing or assembly company who is not afraid of being hands on. The role will entail management of a small team procuring all materials for the production facility in Barnsley.
Purchasing Main Duties/Responsibilities
- Management of team members
- Manage general purchasing activities
- End to end supplier management (including managing OTIF, supplier audit and cost reduction)
- Stock control
- New Product Development (managing supplier and component sourcing)
The ideal candidate will have:
- CIPS accreditation is a plus, but not a must.
- A background working within the supply chain for a manufacturing or assembly business
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team
A rapidly growing company working in support of the Automotive industry, my client is offering the opportunity for an ambitious people manager to be a key part of the growth of the overall business through expansion of customer and supplier base along with product range.
The Purchasing Manager position has a salary of between £30,000 and £35,000, paid based on depth and relevance of experience.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board, such as Supply Chain Planner and Buyer roles up to Procurement / Supply Chain Director level.