Senior Buyer - FMCG
40-45k depending on skills & experience
My client, a leading Health & Beauty wholesale business, is looking to appoint an established FMCG Buyer to join their head office team based in Manchester. This is a fast-paced and exciting role where you will be responsible for purchasing goods and negotiating with European suppliers to supply into various UK high-street retailers. Reporting directly into the Trading Director, you will also be supported by a Buying and Assistant Buyer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic Buyer with FMCG experience to take a step up and join a growing wholesale business with a turnover of approx. £60m supplying into over 5,000 retailers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Produce regular Buying Plans and provide summary analysis for purchase decisions to senior management.
- Manage full stock purchase programmes with suppliers and ensure all customer stock requirements are fulfilled.
- On a weekly basis analyse sales and stock requirements and monitor stock forecasts with suppliers
- Regularly meet with sales team to capture ongoing purchasing requirements.
- Create and manage systems that allow stock control and customer fulfilment.
- Monitor and produce monthly forecasts by product line after understanding sell thru' and stock holding. Produce weekly and monthly reports on forward buys and the impact on sales and stockholding to senior management.
- Ensure product margins and gross profits are met and report on progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure all sales plans are reviewed regularly and report purchase issues that impact sales revenues and margins.
- Take charge of the full buying process to ensure purchase transactions made by the buying team comply to company policy.
- Work closely with brand owners to explore new opportunities and establish timely purchase forecasts to meet revenue targets.
- Work with 'Category Managers' to review customer sales, stock, etc. through their "trackers" to ensure in stock level meets their KPI requirements.
- Regularly review retail prices in customer stores to monitor price differentiation amongst retailers and impacts on our purchase costs and ongoing ranges and investment in stock.
- Monitor inventory KPIs regularly to ensure stock turn meets company targets through introduction of stock segmentation and categorisation.
- Manage the large supply base to ensure market intelligence is disseminated internal and drives supplier relationships and purchases.
Skills & Experience
- Current experience working at Buyer or Senior Buyer level within FMCG
- Good knowledge of Excel essential and the ability to understand key performance indicator (KPIs).
- A European language would be an advantage, Italian, Spanish, French and German but not essential.
- Stock analysis and stock forecasting experience.
- Excellent negotiation skills with suppliers at different levels.
Our client is a leading Health & Beauty wholesale business
£40-45k depending on skills & experience
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com