Senior Category Analyst - FMCG
My client, a leading Health & Beauty wholesale business, is looking to appoint a Senior Category Analyst to join their head office team based in Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic individual with a mixed merchandising and analytical FMCG background to join a growing wholesale business with a turnover of approx. £60m supplying into over 5,000 retailers.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading the Category Management services provided to major customers.
- Line management of one direct report and the coordination and engagement with various departments that support the end-to-end supply chain.
- Product trading setup and administration.
- Analysis of customer retail sales data with appropriate recommendations on sales patterns, stock and forecasts.
- Support for the preparation of presentations and bids.
- To gain a detailed understanding of the products, the marketplace, brand strategy and how specific products will fit into a customer's retail offering.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting related to sales business metrics, workflow, planning, forecasting and KPI performance.
Skills & Experience
- Category management and administration
- Demand/ forecast analysis
- Analysis of In-Season Trading utilising customer stock & sales models
- Supply chain management and processing
- Range analysis & planning
- Sales account management and/or coordination
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, including data modelling, lookups and pivot tables
- Strong team work and leadership skills.
- The ability to operate independently against prioritised requirements whilst supporting other people within their team.
- The ability to be able to manage simultaneously a number of complex issues and continue to support driving the operation in the right direction.
- Someone who can work well under pressure in a calm manner, and doesn't get distracted from the end goal.
- To be a self-starter with energy who is able to consistently deliver a high quality of work in a dynamic environment.
- Someone who has the ability to operate and communicate with both customers, internal colleagues and senior directors in the business.
Our client is a leading Health & Beauty wholesale business
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com