Senior Office Furniture Buyer
Our client is a trend driven online Homeware company based in London.
The Candidate will have:
- You will be seeking and developing ranges with external designers, internal designers, and/or directly with our manufacturers. This will involve coordinating the relationships and managing the process from drawings to prototype and beyond, including:
- Working directly with the manufacturer and / or our sourcing office when necessary to ensure that the products are perfectly chosen and engineered to ensure the best possible cost price, retail price and margin, following company policy and targets;
- Ensuring that the product development / sourcing process is as quick and efficient as possible, in order to ensure extremely fast time to market;
- Ensuring that all technical details are present and delivered on time in order to be able to release your collection and place orders for them.
- You'll have a responsibility in the turnover, customer feedback and quality performance of your ranges, and will be working on improving their quality and pricing level both on mid and long terms.
- You'll have a direct input on building and challenging an efficient workflow and set of procedure that fits our flexible business model and helps you achieve your objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products
- Extensive and broad knowledge on the Office Furniture market and categories, including desks, chairs, storages, meeting and resting areas etc with strong technical skills and understanding of product engineering & manufacturing
- Perfect knowledge of all Office Furniture related regulations, including market specific ones, Fire Retardant, etc, and high understanding of contract business contrainsts
- An understanding of what motivates customers in the process of furnishing or refurnishing their office
- Extensive past experience in Direct buying roles, Product development and Category management in the furniture industry, with experience in the specific office furniture one
- Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing and networking skills
- Exceptional team working and leadership skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions
- Strong customer focus
- Numeracy and IT skills
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com