Senior Operations Manager
£45,000 + Benefits
Our client, who is a leading 3PL, working with a prestigious, high profile client, is looking for a Senior Operations Manager to manage the day to day resources of the clients warehouse operation and ensure that the operational goods in and goods out functions are planned correctly. Reporting to the Site Manager, you will then take responsibility for the management of 3 direct reports and a large team of operatives to deliver exceptional customer service, communicating well at all levels as the customer has a high level of presence on site, whilst also ensuring all operational tasks are met within budgetary constraints.
The successful candidate must be driven, passionate, assertive, and confident, with a desire to progress and succeed coupled with impressive people management skills to run this time-critical operation.
Skills & Experience
- It is essential that you are accustomed to managing large teams of up to 200 staff with additional responsibility for junior managers and supervisors
- Accustomed to working within a fast-paced, high volume environment with a throughput in excess of 50k units per day.
- You will be confident in dealing with KPI analysis and cost control and you must be able to demonstrate a methodical yet flexible approach to warehouse management.
- You must be highly adaptive to change in direction and flexible daily planning due to the high variation in the role.
- Candidates must have past experience of working as a vendor to a major retailer
As a successful candidate you must:
- Have excellent man-management skills with previous experience of motivating a large team, succession planning and encouraging self-development within teams.
- Have a good understanding of basic employment law with experience of dealing with performance management issues.
- Have a good understanding of current health and safety regulations.
- Have a good level of numeracy.
- Be a confident decision maker, with the ability to stay calm in a highly pressurised environment.
- Have a flexible approach to work with the ability of working with changing demands (including shift patterns)
- Be able to work independently, using your own initiative and organising your own workload.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving, 'thinking out of the box' with an innovative and pro-active approach to change
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- IT Literate/WMS Experience desirable & MS Office and Excel (Spreadsheets)
Our client is a leading 3PL.
£45,000 + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com