Senior Procurement Officer
£45,000 - £50,000
Our client is a public sector organisation in the Cheshire area and they are looking to appoint a Senior Procurement Officer to join the team.
Key responsibilities to this role will include:
- Developing appropriate sourcing strategies for Indirect categories
- Managing the end to end Procurement process for these categories
- Delivering tenders in line with EU Procurement Directives where appropriate
- Developing and maintaining key supplier relationships
- Ongoing contract management and supplier performance management
- Contract Management and ongoing supplier relationship management
- Conducting market reviews and benchmarking exercises to ensure you are delivering best value to stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven Procurement experience at a strategic level, with evidence of savings delivery and value added
- Excellent working knowledge of EU Procurement regulations and OJEU
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
MCIPS qualification and Indirect category experience would be advantageous.
Our client is a public sector organisation in the Cheshire area
£45,000 - £50,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board level. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.