Senior Supply Chain Manager
£60,000 - £65,000 + excellent benefits
A nationally recognised retailer is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Senior Supply Manager to join their team based in Somerset. This is a senior role within their Supply Chain team; the successful candidate will be accountable for leading the team responsible for planning and managing stock availability into the Distribution Centres and Stores, whilst keeping the 100% available stock promise and also minimising the stock investment.
- Managing the inbound scheduling of products into the DCs, ensuring that the right stock is in the right place at the right time, proactively highlighting and resolving areas of concern
- Proposing and implementing corrective actions to improve stock availability, turn and supply chain efficiencies
- Forecasting the stock requirements, using historical sales data and other business intelligence
- Managing key supplier relationships - influencing and collaborating with the external suppliers to ensure they deliver against KPI
- Managing key internal relationships with buying, marketing, and operations to ensure overall commercial objectives are met
- Ability to communicate and influence with all levels in the business
- Leading a team of supply chain planners, providing clear objectives and management of performance
- Developing your team members to fulfil their individual capability and potential and to support their individual personal and career development
Skills and Experiences
- Degree educated or equivalent qualifications
- Previous and in-depth experience within a senior retail or manufacturing supply chain role, with responsibility for the end-to-end management of the supply chain processes, with a strong commercial focus and functional expertise
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and an ability to communicate well at all levels and a high level of influencing skills
- Highly numerate and with strong IT skills, particularly Excel
- Proven experience and successful track record in preventive and corrective problem solving of supply chain issues is essential, with proven decision making experience
- Prior experience in managing a team - including setting clear expectations, monitoring and reviewing progress and supporting performance, is required
- Proven track record in developing team capability to meet commercial and individual needs is essential.
Our client is a leading Retail business.
£60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com