Warehouse Shift Manager
£30,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a growing 3PL working in conjunction with a leading player in the ecommerce and fulfilment market, is looking for a highly experienced and dynamic Warehouse Shift Manager to manage, inspire and grow an operational team focused on establishing key disciplines, exceeding shift targets that ensure the retention and development of the client. Supporting the Operations Manager in managing the ecommerce and retail branches of the business, the successful candidates will be responsible for the management of 11 direct reports and the supervision of up to 110 front line staff. Applicants for this role should have experience in managing and developing large teams within a fast paced warehouse/production environment. It is essential that you have a minimum of 2 years proven experience of leading and guiding staff towards operational success with a focus on performance development, identifying talent and staff promotion.
This role is responsible for coordinating the entire warehouse operation, covering all departments, to ensure excellent operational performance, driving continuous improvement and implementing new ideas to improve ways of working whilst managing employee relations issues such as absence, disciplinary, grievance and performance etc.
Skills and Experiences
You will have experience working in a similar high volume, fast paced logistics environment with experience in either 3PL operations or retail distribution. You will be a confident & natural leader who is accustomed to working on a shift basis and you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven management experience and be able to motivate a team to meet and exceed the client's SLAs and KPI's.
- Experience of managing performance, disciplinary and grievance procedures and upholding absence standards.
- Adaptable and responsive to change.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement and implementing new ideas to drive business growth.
- Able to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Result and process orientated.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with drive and a can do attitude.
- Working with senior teams to build strategic capability.
Our client is a leading 3PL with operations throughout the UK.
£30,000 + Excellent Benefits.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.