Warehouse Shift Manager
Enfield, North London
£35,000 - £40,000 + Shift Allowance
Cast UK have been appointed to recruit a Warehouse Shift Manager for a market leading business within their sector. The role is responsible for assisting the Warehouse Manager in the day-to-day operations of a busy site. You must be an effective man-manager, with strong financial and analytical acumen. The role is a 6 Month FTC with the view for it to go permanent upon completion.
There are opportunities on both the AM (6-2) and Night (10-6) shift. These are both on any 5 from 7 basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day leadership of a team consisting of First Line Managers and circa 50 operatives.
- Ensure all Health and Safety obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment for all employees that consistently exceed quality standards required. Investigating accidents and promoting culture of safe working.
- Control shift costs in line with budgets and propose initiatives that will support cost reductions.
- Ensure all union facing issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage grievances, return to work and disciplinary actions.
- Continuous Improvements- Effective route cause analysis and introducing influential counter balance measures.
- Identifying skills/ training gaps and introducing resolutions.
- Training, upskilling & development of existing staff.
- Previous Experience of operating at Management level
- Experience of managing in a unionised environment.
- Experience of working on and supporting projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Fully computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in using Red Prairie Warehouse Management System
- Customer focused with strong customer service ethos.
- Self-motivated with tenacity to be able to perform under pressure and deadlines to meet KPI's.
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team as well as lead a team.
- Organised and planned approach to work.
- Analytical/Attention to detail
Skills & Experience
You will be an experienced Warehousing professional. You must have vast experience with the management of strict policy processes and excellent man-management skills. You must have experience operating in a unionised environment, and have strong analytical skills.
My client is a market leading business within their sector servicing high profile retail businesses.
£35,000- £40,000 + Shift Allowance
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com