Buyer - Retail
£45,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
The purpose of the role is to support the Procurement department in managing an annual spend circa £20million. The Buyer is responsible for negotiating with suppliers to ensure optimise cost, quality and delivery. Working cross-functionally with all areas of the business to ensure maximum efficiency of the supply chain at all times in line with the organisation's policies and work procedures.
- Develop a procurement plan in conjunction with the Head of Purchasing that delivers the required margin, quality and availability and is based on an understanding of market conditions.
- Develop suppliers to meet current and future needs making use of supplier KPI's, ensure reviews occur reviewing financial performance an all KPIs.
- Management of contract negotiations to ensuring price, quality, service targets and standards are achievable.
- Control of all established contracts to include a review on a regular basis to ensure continued adherence to Company policy and maintain an accurate record of all commitments.
- Review assigned supplier performance on a regular basis to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of contract and Service Level Agreement ensuring an ongoing analysis of category activities.
- Implement agreed improvements in liaison with Head of Purchasing to drive compliance of nominated products or suppliers.
- Instil best practices in all purchasing activities and provide coaching support to individuals involved in procurement of goods and services as necessary.
- Issue, review and assess Requests for Quotations to potential suppliers.
Skills & Experience
A detailed understanding of the full end-to-end procurement process
Strong understanding of commercial measures
A solid background within Retail Buying and thorough knowledge of procurement best practices
Self-motivated with a proactive approach coupled with strong inter personal skills
Resilient and able to work autonomously
Ability to build strong networks at all levels both internally and externally with the gravitas to deal with and influence key stakeholders
Ideally you will also have experience working within Retail - Non Food categories of spend.
International Retail Brand with operations across the UK.
£45,0000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com