Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
South West London
£45,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Unique opportunity to develop a Supply Chain function for this rapidly expanding distribution operation. Chance to manage end to end supply chain whilst coaching a small team of dedicated customer service staff. Ideal chance for ambitious professional to make the step up into management and utilise skills in the following areas:
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy.
- Manage and deliver the sourcing, selection and negotiation with suppliers.
- Deliver procurement best practice, including clear terms and conditions, service level agreements and measures with all suppliers.
- Ensure that all suppliers meet necessary health and safety requirements.
- Manage the performance of suppliers to clear KPI's, benchmark pricing of suppliers and undertake regular performance reviews with suppliers.
- Management of outsourced third party logistics provider to ensure that all programmes and projects are delivered on time, in full and within the Operations budget.
- Develop clear terms and conditions, service level agreements and Key Performance Indicators with logistics provider.
- Implement a Development Plan with suppliers to optimise the effectiveness of the logistics operations and to provide flexible options to future changes in the supply chain.
- Manage performance trackers and KPI's and regularly review with suppliers.
- Manage effective Project Management processes and disciplines.
- Coordinate internal departments and third party suppliers for the planning and execution of programmes.
- Develop and deliver management reports to provide visibility of programme performance for project team, stakeholders and senior business team.
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the Operations Team.
- Develop and manage a clear functional plan for the Operations Team with measurement criteria.
- Carry out regular one-to-one, support and supervision meetings with the Team and produce development plans.
Skills & Experience
- Proven Supply Chain Management experience
- Excellent Procurement management experience, with practical and clear knowledge of best practice procurement principles
- Comprehensive experience in selection, tender and contract negotiation with third party suppliers
- Experience in managing third party suppliers, supported by Service Level Agreements and reporting management tools
- Experience in Project Management with clear understanding of best practice and practical delivery of projects
- Experienced team manager with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
Leading distribution operation based in South West London.
£45,0000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com