Strategic Buyer - Indirects
£35,000 - £40,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global manufacturing business based in Manchester as a Strategic Buyer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the end to end procurement process for Indirect categories, from initial definition of requirements with stakeholders through to contract award
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Contract negotiation and contract management
- Managing supplier performance
- Delivering savings through effective sourcing and procurement strategy
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Previous strategic procurement experience, ideally working with Indirect categories
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Previous experience drafting contracts and agreeing commercial terms with suppliers
- Ability to develop and implement effective sourcing strategies for specific category spend areas
- CIPS or part CIPS qualification
Our client is a global manufacturing business experiencing unprecedented growth. This is a business which offers a professional working environment and a comprehensive benefits package. The role represents a great opportunity for any Procurement candidate looking to take the next step in their career, as you will independently manage a range of Indirect categories in order to deliver savings and demonstrate value added to the wider business.
£35,000 - £40,000 plus Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com.