Supply Chain Consultant
Various locations around the UK
Our well known client is developing their Supply Chain, and need the next generation of Supply Chain Consultants to join their innovative brand. They are looking for enthusiastic and proactive Graduates, with management experience and a good track record of achieving targets, who would love to start a career in Supply Chain.
- Developing a full understanding, through structured and thorough training at both the Head Office and Distribution Centres, of end to end Supply Chain objectives
- Learning about the brand and the infrastructure that supports it
- Involvement in all areas of stock management; write offs, promotions, availability and stock management
- Understanding the difference between weekly, seasonal and promotional planning
- Managing stock supply to stores, avoiding missing items or unnecessary stock holding, including date issues and write downs
- Monitoring supplier performance with regards to stockholding and the promotions
- Applying and organising central price or date changes for products
- Providing staff training and monitoring performance, with an emphasis on team motivation and morale.
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated (Minimum 2:1) preferably in Maths, Business, Supply Chain, Physics or Engineering
- Strong numeracy and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel
- Management experience within an office environment
- Target driven, with a track record in achieving results
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude
- A flexible location, with the ability to travel nationwide
- Driving License
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to maintain an objective approach when faced with competing priorities
- Analytical thinking, with a focus on solutions, and a passion for working with figures
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Ability to motivate, influence and manage others to deliver change and keep an environment positive
- Ability to understand and maximise the benefits of supply chain systems
- Good multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritise urgent and conflicting deadlines
Our client is a leading Retail business.
£40,000 plus benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com
We always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you've not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.