Supply Chain Planner
£24k - £26k + benefits
A nationally recognised retailer is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic Supply Chain Planner to join their expanding team based in Somerset. You will take responsibility for a range/category from and use forecasting, sales figures, promotional and business need information to ensure the right levels of stock are maintained, balancing the need to meet the 100% available stock promise whilst minimising the stock investment.
- Taking responsibility for the supply chain of a specific range or area, ensuring that we have the right stock in the right place at the right time.
- Proposing and implementing corrective actions to improve stock availability, stock turn and supply chain efficiencies
- Managing the scheduling of inbound deliveries
- Managing key supplier relationships - influencing and collaborating with our external suppliers to ensure they deliver. Reviewing supplier performance, monitoring performance and conformity.
- Support the range review and development processes through successful execution of the introduction of new lines into the supply chain
- Managing key internal relationships with buying, marketing, and operations to ensure overall commercial objectives are met
Skills and Experiences
- Degree educated or equivalent qualifications
- Prior experience within a supply chain role is essential, retail is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and an ability to communicate well at all levels within an organisation
- Strong IT skills - Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills
Our client is a leading Retail business.
£24k - £26k + excellent benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com