£40,000 + Benefits
This position is working for a market leading general haulage and 3rd party logistics business. As the Transport Manager you will have responsibility for the fleet and traffic operations, ensuring that they are continuously profitable and that the vehicles are utilised as efficiently as possible. In addition to this you will also be managing subcontractors, drivers, transport colleagues and will need to manage the profit and loss for the transport operations. An up to date knowledge of transport compliance and health and safety is important.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will need previous transport management experience, where you will have dealt with drivers and transport compliance. The successful candidate will ideally have all of the following:
- Management experience in a fast moving transport role dealing with a fleet of articulated vehicles.
- Cost focussed in your approach to managing vehicle utilisation.
- Profit and Loss experience.
- Up to date knowledge of transport compliance, CPC National holder.
- Excellent people skills for driving / transport teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
Our client is a 3PL food service business.
£40,000 + Benefits.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com