Our client, who is the market leader within their specialism, is looking to recruit a Transport Manager for their operation in Basingstoke. Reporting into the General Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an effective and consistent service to a number of customers. This is a role that will open up further opportunities to progress within a growing company. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and improving productivity through effective provision of planning information
- Managing department compliance on transport legislation including WTD, tachographs, H&S and quality standards
- Cost effective utilisation of vehicles and management of vehicle maintenance
- Actively drive UK Lean standards and processes
- Development of transport team/operation
- Incident and accident investigation
Skills and Experiences
To be successful in your application it is essential that you have experience within an FMCG distribution background. With a proven track record of continuous process improvements across a transport operation you will have the ability to drive change and deliver challenging productivity targets. Ideally you will have a strong background in multi-drop operations.
A National or International CPC is preferable but not essential.
Our client is the market leader within their specialism.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com