£30,000 - £34,000 + Benefits
Our client, who is a, well established General Haulage and 3PL company, has an immediate requirement for a Transport Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will manage this well established contract and all of it's Transport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To represent the company and be responsible for the companies Transport Operators license, to ensure renewal is completed, and records kept up to date at all times
- To ensure all company vehicles are legal, and abide to rules set by VOSA
- To ensure drivers are working to the working time directive, and comply with legal requirements of employment laws
- To ensure drivers are adhering to road traffic laws
- To ensure all drivers are trained and informed of all company policies within a three month period
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures within the operation and update
- Actively work towards achieving 'right first time' and process improvements within the team and logistics operation
- Ensure excellent levels of service for internal and external customers
- Ensure workload is balanced with available resource
- Resource management, ensuring vehicle monitoring is in place for issued instructions
- Logistical restructures, rearrangements of runs, based on cost saving
- Vehicle fuel usage, reporting millage and MPG reports
- Pallet monitoring
- Monitoring and reporting none cost effective work
- Ensure overtime is kept to a minimum to lower costs
- Ensure filing is accessible and available at all times.
- Ensure all collections and drops are completed.
- To ensure all drivers are legal and qualified to drive vehicles that there licence allows them to drive.
- To ensure all digital tachograph and none digital laws are followed, and ensure records are kept according to VOSA digital rules.
- To ensure vehicles are suitable for the task they are given, and ensure adjustments are made to the fleet as required by the needs of the business.
- To keep management, and departments fully informed of changes, adjustments, re-arrangement that are made at short notice.
- To ensure all inductions are completed and all details on training is documented.
- To ensure all drivers are given the correct uniforms and equipment for the purpose of their employment and document.
- To attend, document, any accidents, as a priority task.
- To ensure interviews are taken from drivers on all drivers related issues.
- To ensure back to work interviews are conducted and reported to management on completion for all staff under your roll.
- To ensure staffing levels are controlled at all times, and recommendations are made to management.
- To represent the company and be responsible for the companies Transport Operators license, to ensure renewal is completed, and records kept up to date at all times.
- Previous Experience of operating at a Supervisory level across a 24/7 operation in a General Haulage or 3PL operation.
- Experience of working on and supporting projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Fully computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in using transport or warehouse management systems.
- Customer focused with strong customer service ethos.
- Self motivated with tenacity to be able to perform under pressure and deadlines to meet KPI's.
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team as well as lead a team.
- Organised and planned approach to work.
- Analytical/Attention to detail
Skills & Experience
You will be an experienced Transport Manager, ideally possessing a CPC. You must have vast experience with the management of strict policy processes and excellent man-management skills.
My client is a National leading General Haulage and 3PL company who strongly believe in looking after its staff, evidenced in that it invests heavily in staff training and that the majority of the management team have been promoted internally from more junior positions. When my client recruits they want individuals who want to progress within the business.
This vacancy is currently live and if you would like to be considered, please apply now and your CV is forwarded directly to me at Cast UK.
£30,000 - £34,000 + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com