£38,000 - £40,000
Our client, who is a leading 3PL Distribution business, is looking to source an experienced Transport Manager. You will have overall responsibility for management of the transport operation and delivery of desired results. You will ensure customer service levels are met, quality controls are in place and key
business objectives are achieved. Finally, you will provide leadership and development for your team. Other detailed duties include:
- Control spending on agency manpower and subcontractors by maximising workforce, offering additional shifts when appropriate and utilising drivers and vehicles from other operating centres.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain a competent and collaborative workforce.
- Monitor team performance, providing regular feedback and coaching, conducting formal assessments and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Plan equipment, resources, transport routes and priorities, ensuring all tasks are covered in a timely manner and plans are in place to cover vehicle servicing and MOT's.
- Liaise with the drivers, encouraging clear, open and concise communication.
- Interface with relevant customer contacts to anticipate volume fluctuations and facilitate effective transport scheduling with a mix of dedicated and subcontracted vehicles.
- Ensure service levels to customers are monitored and take action to improve service quality.
- Report weekly activity, profit and loss, and other data requirements accurately within required timelines.
- Communicate and network effectively at all levels with customers, team, managers, suppliers, other operating centres and head office.
- Maintain efficient, up to date and organised office systems.
- Ensure full legal compliance with operating license, tachograph and drivers hours regulations.
- Ensure all key performance indicators, operational and financial targets are achieved.
Skills & Experience
You will be an experienced Transport Manager and have a good understanding of General Haulage or FMCG distribution. You will have excellent people, communication, influencing, and numeracy skills. You will be comfortable using/managing modern route planning systems. Experience of KPI's, budget management, Transport Legislation and a CPC is desirable. Experience of the drinks industry is highly desirable.
Our client is a leading 3rd Party Distribution business.
£38,000 - £40,000
Cast UK who is a leading independent consultancy business, which specialises in Management and Executive Procurement, Supply Chain, & Logistics recruitment, is advertising this vacancy. For more information on Cast UK, please visit our website at www.castuk.com