Transport Manager - Leicestershire
£30,000 + Car + Benefits
Our client, who is a leading 3PL business, is looking for an experienced Transport Manager to manage the day to day transport operation for a their Distribution Centre in Leicestershire. You will have full accountability for the Transport function and will be responsible for the development and motivation of the transport team consisting of First Line Managers, Administration staff and Drivers ensuring that the business operates with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Reporting to the Contract Manager on site
- Ensuring that all relevant delivery resources and financial performance indicators are met as per agreed SLA
- Responsible for managing/developing a team of Drivers and Transport FLM's/Admin Team. As per company legislative obligations as well as a commercial obligation to the customer.
- Responsible for the management of sub-contractors and container collections.
- Ensuring that standards of productivity and quality are consistently maintained.
- Responsible for health and safety issues including training and accident investigations
- You will be expected to manage in such a way as to ensure that a culture of trust based on open communication and cooperation is encouraged and reinforced.
- To work closely with the customer to develop and manage their expectations as per the SLA. A positive working relationship is necessary
Skills & Experience
- You must be able to demonstrate relevant management experience in a time critical/high volume transport operation.
- Experience of a similar sized DC and its operational warehouse environment would be advantageous.
- You need to demonstrate effective communication skills, problem solving and decision-making as well as the ability to influence people at all levels.
- Demonstrative analytical skills in regards to budgeting, financial control
- Involved in legal compliance in line with O'licence requirements and subsequent drivers hours (Tachographs/Working Time Directive)
- Excellent health and safety awareness.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Customer focused and driven
- Must possess relevant IT skills
- International CPC desirable but not essential.
Our client is a leading 3PL business with operations throughout the UK.
£30,000 + Car + Benefits
Cast UK who is a leading independent consultancy business, which specialises in Management and Executive Procurement, Supply Chain, & Logistics recruitment, is advertising this vacancy. For more information on Cast UK, please visit our website at www.castuk.com