Transport Operations Manager
North West - Lancashire
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Our client, who is a, well established 3PL company, who has an immediate requirement for a Transport Operations Manager. Reporting to the Operations Development Manager. The purpose of the role is to deliver an efficient and cost effective transport solution. To accommodate the requirements of the DC operation.
To lead and manage the transport team to ensure that all department procedures are maintained and hands on support given where necessary.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all legal and statutory requirements are strictly complied with
- Ensure all practices and procedures are carried out in line with Health & Safety policy
- To ensure the compliance of VOSA regulations e.g. fleet inspection cycles to be done in a timely manner
- Proactively monitor and control costs against budget
- Liaise with vehicle and equipment contractors to ensure schedules are maintained and that the service provided meets/exceeds company standards.
- To manage the optimum utilisation of the Company vehicles and trailers
- To liaise with other company sites to ensure cost effective solutions are being discussed, developed and implemented
- Control of drivers hours, ensuring optimum utilisation within the restrictions of tachograph law/drivers hours restrictions
- Control of Operations staff rotas to ensure optimum resource allocation
- To liaise closely with the warehouse, site, manger to ensure understanding of each other's issues, joint resolution of problems and achieve efficiencies between the departments
Skills & Experience:
- You will be an experienced Transport Manager / Operations Manager, with a valid CPC (ESSENTIAL). You must have vast experience with the management of strict policy processes, compliance and excellent man-management skills. You must have experience with financial reporting and strict legal compliance.
- 3+ years people management experience
- 3+ years vehicle planning/operating experience within FMCG DC environment, running a fleet in its entirety - 50+ vehicles.
My client is a National leading 3PL company who strongly believe in looking after its staff, evidenced in that it invests heavily in staff training and that the majority of the management team have been promoted internally from more junior positions. When my client recruits they want individuals who want to progress within the business.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE AMBITION AND WILLINGNESS TO PROGRESS TO OPERATIONS MANAGER
This vacancy is currently live and if you would like to be considered, please apply now and your CV is forwarded directly to me at Cast UK.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com