Transport Operations Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Our client is looking for an experienced Transport Operations Manager. With full accountability for the Transport function you will be responsible for the development and motivation of the transport team consisting of Managers, Administration staff and Drivers ensuring that the business operates with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
In addition you will:
- Ensure that the business adheres to all relevant legislation, taking action where appropriate i.e. Tachographs, Working Time Directive etc.
- Ensuring that standards of productivity and quality are consistently maintained, measured against challenging KPI's.
- Responsible for the recruitment and performance management of the Transport team in a unionised environment.
- Responsible for health and safety issues including training and accident investigations.
- You will be expected to manage in such a way as to ensure that a culture of trust based on open communication and cooperation is encouraged and reinforced.
Skills & Experience
- You must possess a CPC qualification.
- You must be able to demonstrate relevant management experience in an FMCG transport operation.
- You need to demonstrate effective communication skills, problem solving and decision-making as well as the ability to influence people at all levels.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good industrial relations in a unionised environment.
- Excellent health and safety awareness.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and methodical in your approach.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills.
- Must possess relevant IT skills.
Our client is a leading business based in the North West.
£45,000- £50,000 + Benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com