North West - Lancashire
Our client, who is a well established 3PL company, who has an immediate requirement for a Transport Operator, Reporting to the Transport Manager.
Responsible for the daily planning of Company and/or third party resources. Effectively managing vehicle utilisation and ensuring drivers are given clear and precise instructions.
Ensuring that all service levels are met cost effectively and within the constraints of drivers hours and H & S regulations.
To lead and manage the transport team via the transport supervisors to ensure that all department procedures are maintained and hands on support given where necessary.
- Ensuring that all elements of the job are effectively communicated to drivers and sub-contractors.
To plan the effective utilisation of drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agencies ensuring that all Company sites are fully considered when doing so.
- Liaising with retail department teams to optimise fleet/driver utilisation, identifying and resolving problems affecting delivery on time.
- Conducting investigations into accidents or issues of driver performance and raising with Team Leaders and HR to ensure they are dealt with efficiently and consistently.
- Working alongside fleet to ensure timely return of vehicles
- Working with Compliance to ensure trucks are legal and information is downloaded in a timely manner
- Working alongside the Team Leader to ensure that costs are managed in accordance with the KPI's.
- To undertake additional tasks/duties as may be required by Management from time to time.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com