North West - Manchester
£25,000 - £28,000
A leading European freight business is looking to recruit an experienced Transport Planner. Working in a busy transport office, you will be required to plan routes, manage driver hours and all transport administration. In addition to managing your own fleet of vehicles you will be responsible for managing SLA's, and ensuring an efficient transport operation.
- Responsible for the dynamic day to day planning of regional transport within the Wincanton network, ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient transport service resulting in timely deliveries/collections.
- To assist in the planning and provision of an optimum transport plan in a time critical environment.
- Liaise with on-site planning and transport personnel to ensure that the best plans are achieved - reviewing and manipulating the plan as required.
- Carry out strategic planning and forecasting, taking into consideration seasonal changes and boundary realignments as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer service KPI's are consistently met.
- Ensure that the least cost transport plan is produced - operating within stipulated budgets.
- Complete comparison analysis on a regular basis - reviewing actual v planned.
- Assist in the daily production of an accurate management information document for circulation.
- Maintain accurate and efficient files, both computerised and manual as required.
- To attend any relevant training sessions to ensure you are fully equipped to perform your role effectively and assist in the development of continuous improvement within the function and network as a whole.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and the depot.
Skills and Experience
- Analytical thinker with excellent planning and organisational skills
- PC literate with experience of a computerised routing system an advantage (in addition to spreadsheet usage and database knowledge) e.g. Paragon/Freighter
- Good communicator at all levels
- Numerate, with a sound financial mind
- Ability to fully understand transport and client policies and procedures and the impact of the transport function on the organisation
- Attention to detail, minimising opportunity for error
- Team player whilst able to work on own initiative
- Must have the ability to prioritise
This vacancy is currently live and if you would like to be considered, please apply now and your CV is forwarded directly to me at Cast UK.
£25,000 - £28,000
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com