£30,000 - £35,000
Our client, who is the market leader within their specialism, is looking to recruit a Transport Supervisor for their operation in South West London. Reporting into the Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an effective and consistent service to a number of customers. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and allocation of work using planning systems ensuring on time delivery.
- Manage all fleet vehicles, including hire, in line with Company policies and Ministry of Transport Regulations.
- Reviewing and improving productivity through effective provision of planning information
- Cost effective utilisation of vehicles and management of vehicle maintenance
- Development of transport team/operation
- Incident and accident investigation
Skills and Experiences
To be successful in your application it is essential that you have experience within an FMCG distribution background ideally incorporating food logistics. With a proven track record of continuous process improvements across a transport operation you will have the ability to drive change and deliver challenging productivity targets.
With experience in a unionised working environment you must possess a thorough knowledge of H&S and have the ability to form strong professional relationships across all levels within the business.
A National or International CPC is desireable but not essential
Our client is the market leader within their specialism.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com