Transport Team Manager (12 initial Contract)
North West - Lancashire
£27,000 - £31,000 + Benefits
Based in the North West, Lancashire, our client is a major 3PL company working on behalf of one of the UK's largest FMCG retailers. We are looking to recruit an experienced Transport Team Leader to take shift responsibility for the team of drivers. Reporting to Transport Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day leadership of a team of drivers and agency workers on shift, planning resources to ensure activities are achieved, rota's for the next set period are fully prepared including agency bookings, overtime and holidays to agreed levels if required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day leadership of a team of drivers and agency workers on shift.
- Planning resources to ensure activities are achieved, rota's for the next set period are fully prepared including agency bookings, overtime and holidays to agreed levels if required.
- Flexing/reallocating resources/activity based upon analysis of real time information to ensure that the shift completes all agreed tasks on time and in excess of minimum key performance indicators and quality standards.
- Comply with relevant legislation covering the fleet, ensuring all vehicles are maintained in line with legal requirements, drivers are managed to work within the driver's hours and working time regulations.
- Ensure all Health and Safety obligations are met providing a legal and safe working environment for all employees that consistently exceed quality standards required.
- Develop operational improvements through effective trained/flexible workforce focused on delivering service improvements, accurate resource levels and cost reductions.
- Control shift costs in line with budgets and propose initiatives that will support cost reductions.
- Ensure all driver and union facing issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
Person Specification: (Essential)
- Previous Experience of operating at a Supervisory level across a 24/7 operation.
- Previous evidence of working with budgets.
- Experience of managing in a unionised environment.
- Experience of working on and supporting projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Fully computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in using transport or warehouse management systems.
- Customer focused with strong customer service ethos.
- Self motivated with tenacity to be able to perform under pressure and deadlines to meet KPI's.
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team as well as lead a team.
- Organised and planned approach to work.
- CPC qualification desirable.
Our client is a leading 3PL business.
£27,000 - £31,000 + benefits
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visitwww.castuk.com